RES: zionism

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Mon Jul 16 15:58:05 PDT 2001

-----Mensagem original----- De: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]Em nome de James Aune Enviada em: domingo, 15 de julho de 2001 15:40 Para: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Assunto: Re: zionism

Gee, I sign onto this list in order to get some perspective on criticism of capitalism, and all I get is ranting against the only democratic nation in the area from people who wouldn't lift a finger to protect human rights in Syria, Saudi Arabia, or Iraq. I give up. The left has a death-wish.

-From what I know our pro-capitalist-human-rights-defenders also never did nothing -to protect human rights in this area. On the other side, you´re partially -right. We should have more support for progressive movements in Syria, Saudi -Arabia (a client state of USA), Egypt (I don´t know why you forgot it, but -here is another USA client state), not to mention Kuwait, UAE, Oman and Jordan. -But to consider Israel "the only democratic country in the area" is not very -fair. Israel is a half democracy, a theocratic state who hasn´t even a civil -code and who exploits and deny basic rights to more than 1,5 million people -inside his own frontiers. So tell me, why Israel should be considered more -democratic than for instance, Iran, Turkey or Russia (just to mention other -half democracies around the world).

Alexandre