Union Avoids Neutrality Agreements Fight- Fears Bush NLRB Attack

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jul 18 10:22:36 PDT 2001

Awwwwwww. The poor, helpless, weak CWA, with its 630,000 members, is helpless before the Power, the Fury, and the Might of the toothless, feeble NLRB. Wake up and smell the global coffee, Nathan -- unions have been going around, underneath and over the NLRB and America's pathetically weak labor laws for decades now.

> For those doing organizing, the difference between operating under a GOP
> NLRB and a Dem NLRB is like night and day.

What practical organizing campaigns have you participated in that support this claim? Names, dates, facts, not DNC hysteria, please.

> Nader screwed the union movement.

The only candidate to take explicitly pro-labor, anti-corporate stands in the election was -- Nader. The only candidate to blast neoliberalism's deadly assault on the planet was -- Nader. The only candidate to call our two-parties-with-half-a-brain system as the farce it truly is was -- Nader. The only candidate with a principled activist track record of doing what he said was -- Nader.

And of course you couldn't even be bothered to relay CWA's action page, where folks can do things like learn about the Verizon struggle and support their fellow workers:

http://www.aflcio.org/voiceatwork/7daysaction_v.htm

-- Dennis