zionism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Jul 19 09:52:13 PDT 2001

At 08:50 PM 07/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Now you could say there is shared language,
>culture, and religion within Israel, but these
>are not the constituents of a race, but of a
>nation. Call Israel nationalist, theocratic,
>chauvinist, and racist in regard to certain
>non-jewish groups. But I don't think it is
>accurate to call it a racial state, or to
>characterize its consciousness as racial.
>There just aren't enough jews to have a race.

The point is they DO! As I mentioned before, it's not a question of religion; you can be a zionist, "jewish," atheist. To be jewish, your mother has to be jewish OR you have to convert to Judaism...a fairly rare occurrence. But mainly, it's a blood sport. I know this intimately as the child of a jewish/christian marriage, which made me a "dirty jew" to the christians and a dirty shiksa to the jews.

Now, of course, they are not really a race, Or, if they are, they are the same "race" as the Arabs, so it's a moot point.

There's no logic/reason to it. There's just a lot of propaganda, a lot of US $$ and support, and a lot of chauvinism.

Joanna Bujes