"Zionism"

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 19 22:32:41 PDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Max Sawicky wrote:
> A people are not a race.

Max, on taking a nap, I've decided you're right and I'm wrong.

mbs: that's too bad, because you convinced me I was wrong.

just kidding. I do feel edified by a lot of the responses, including from Mat, Kelley, Woj, and the Chipster, but nobody trotted out any chapter and verse to nail Zionism (big-Z) with declarations to being a Race. And there is enough of that on other issues to make me suspicious.

I accept that race is totally in your head and likely to be based on bullshit of one sort or another, but something that has some attributes of race but is usually called other things (i.e., a nation, a people) still doesn't rank as race. It could still be Bad. You don't have to be a racist to be Bad. Or you could constitute yourself a circle of friends as a race and never bother anyone.

On a different note having nothing to do w/anybody named or addressed herein, anyone who thinks I'm a zionist is a putz. My father supported establishment of the state of Israel, and he wasn't a zionist either. My mother, o.k.

mbs