Protester Shot in Head, Run Over in Genoa

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jul 21 17:20:32 PDT 2001

Whether the police or the protesters in Genoa used force first doesn't matter. The elites which the cops are defending have done a hell of a lot more violence to ordinary people then protesters would dream of doing even to the elites. In that context, any violence used at this protest is basically self-defense by the working class against the exploiting class. Joe R. Golowka

Oh perfect.

"That context" is in your head. For everyone else, the context is the contrary. Whoever can't see the difference shouldn't be in politics. Not that you're in politics.

Put it this way. I've got a neighbor from South America. He works the graveyard shift as an operating engineer. After he gets home in the morning, he follows his daughter (in his truck) while she runs X miles a day; she's does cross-country. On his truck he has two bumper stickers. One says, "Proud to be union." The other says, "Catholic schools save taxpayers money." He and his wife are raising three kids. One has joined the Marines. Well-behaved to a fault; calls me "sir." Periodically they have religious services in their home.

Question: why should he look at you, given your statement, as anything other than someone from a galaxy far, far away?

mbs