Protester Shot in Head, Run Over in Genoa

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 03:09:09 PDT 2001

--- Grinker <grinker at mweb.co.za> wrote: > From: Daniel Davies

> I wouldn't however underestimate the danger posed to ordinary civilians by
> your average British bobby. Do the Met's patrol vans not all have firearms
> on board these days?

I don't think all, but it's certainly the way to bet. The Met at least these days seem to be less concerned with catching burglars and more concerned with mincing around like Robocop waving their brand new side-handled batons, a weapon they should certainly never have been given and which have been throughly misused. The latest outrage is that the younger, thicker breed of pig is bridling at having to wear the famous tit-shaped helmet, because they think it "makes them stand out from the crowd". Useless bastards.

I have a particular animus against the Met, because, from my school way up in the hills in Wales, the two thickest, nastiest most violent arseholes (both dyed-in-the-wool troglodytes, who were monosyllabic in Welsh and damn near illiterate in English) ended up joining the Met, where they are presumably expected to police a complicated multicultural city despite not having seen either a black person or a building higher than three stories in their damn lives. No wonder our police are so bad; surely to Christ we ought to be recruiting Londoners to the job?

> And any comments on the shooting dead by the cops in
> Brixton last weekend of a man in possession of a cigarette lighter shaped
> like a pistol? Shades of Diallo - Black while lighting a cigarette?

Hrrrm ... a bit mixed ... I saw the photos in the standard, and it was shaped *very* like a gun, and he was apparently pointing it at the cop who shot him. But quite why we have armed pigs on the streets of Brixton at the moment, I am unsure.

dd

===== ... in countries which do not enjoy Mediterranean sunshine idleness is more difficult, and a great public propaganda will be required to inaugurate it. -- Bertrand Russell