Ethical foundations of the left

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:20:14 PDT 2001

Law's Empire is defective in many ways, and it's not a patch on Hart's great The Concept of Law, but it's worth reading. The account of statutory interpretation set forth in it is quite interesting, and obviously a major contender among those available. It may be less interesting to those whose jobs don't _include_ statutory interpretation, of course; mine does. --jks