Ethical foundations of the left

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 08:17:55 PDT 2001

He's contrarian and likes to take shocking positions. I think he's usually a very good judge, and he's the leading legal theorist in America. It's hard for me to see how anyone could defend Bush v. Gore, which I regard as worse, legally speaking, than Dred Scott v. Sanford, but if anyone can make it sedem less than disgraceful, it would be Posner. He is definitely worth reading. he is cultivated, literate, interesting, a fine stylist with a lively mind, and always provocative. I don't think he's dishonest, but he _is_ a Republican. --jks