posner on bush v. gore (was RE: Ethical foundations of the left)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:45:34 PDT 2001

>One decision Posner made was to rule against a disabled worker who
>asked for a $150 reasonable accommodation from her employer so she
>could continue to work. He is a pro-business ass.
>Marta

If you want a nightmare list of pro-business law that Posner has written, I can provide it. He is a conservative Republican of a libertarian cast. He's also a generally thoughtful and fair judge, who is capable of bizarre lapses (which I can also detail on request). Most of his pro-business decisions are legally defensible, whether or not I would come out the same way. My friends in the NLG think is is very strange that I am a Posnerphile.

However, we were talking about Posner as a legal theorist.