Ethical foundations of the left

Kenneth MacKendrick kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 27 09:29:42 PDT 2001

At 09:06 AM 7/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Ken said:
>
> >Ottawa isn't the capital of Canada.
>
>Ken! Don't confuse our poor Southern cousins about Canada any more than
>they are! That's just mean!
>
>Todd !{)>
>
>P.S. <playing along> Just what is Canada's capital, anyway? If you say
>something else silly like, "Toronto, of course", I WILL have to sick my
>hired goons on you.

Toronto isn't the capital of Canada (everyone knows that), North Bay is the capital of Canada.

ken

And, in a recent survey, 4 out of 5 US citizens asked to sign a petition to pass a Canadian law that would protect our national igloo (which is our parliament building), did so. This, unfortunately, is not a joke. The same ratio supported the motion to built a new Canadian navy and dock it in Saskatchewan. Not that I don't support building a bridge to Hawaii mind you...