Ethical foundations of the left

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Fri Jul 27 08:07:50 PDT 2001

Ken said:

>Toronto isn't the capital of Canada (everyone knows that), North Bay is the

>capital of Canada.

Ah, that's right. The king of Canada isn't Mel Lastman, it's Mike Harris.

>ken

>And, in a recent survey, 4 out of 5 US citizens asked to sign a petition to

>pass a Canadian law that would protect our national igloo (which is our
>parliament building), did so. This, unfortunately, is not a joke. The same
>ratio supported the motion to built a new Canadian navy and dock it in
>Saskatchewan. Not that I don't support building a bridge to Hawaii mind
you...

AHHHHHhhhh . . . ! A fellow fan of "This Hour Has 22 Minutes", I see. But hope does exist for our poor benighted cousins: while Dave Mercer was interviewing one hapless American mom, and asking her about the new state of Saskatchewan, her young son piped up: "Mom, Saskatchewan is a province, an' it's in Canada!"

Todd !{)>