Ethical foundations of the left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 27 10:26:18 PDT 2001

Kelley wrote:

> www.google.com habermas lifeworld
>
> entertainment, carrol, it's just entertainment,
>
> kelley

I keep arguing that the debate over what "the left" should say to people and how "the left" should say it is silly until we have a program of struggle going that alerts people that we have something to say. So far no one who thinks Habermas important has ever said anything that made me say, gee, I ought to read Habermas insttead of one of the couple hundred books that I know I should read in the next few days. I don't regard an intellectual or a leftist as really serious until they take with deadly seriousness the fact that for several hundred years it has become impossible for anyone to read all the books and articles and posts that he/she should read. This answer to my question shows that you aren't serious about Habermas.

Carrol