'US used hallucinogenic weapons against Iraq'

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 09:42:10 PDT 2001

It comes as no surprize to me that they would use hallucinogens, however which hallucinogens is the question. There is a history of the CIA experimenting with hallucinogens for use in mind-control...see Jay Steven's "Storming Heaven" and "Acid Dreams"...the History Channel, believe it or not, actually did an excellent unbiased show on the history of LSD (which included Grace Slick's testimonial that she had indeed been invited for a lunch at the White House- she had been a college mate of Trish Nixon- and had the intention of dosing Nixon's tea with LSD- but was not allowed into the White House because she was suspected of being a "dangerous element").

In the late 50s early60s the CIA actually thought about spraying a gas of LSD in a subway car in New York to see what the effect would have on unsuspecting hordes of people. Instead they opted for "dosing" some of their own scientists (without telling the scientists)...For those of you who have taken LSD, and I have, you probably could imagine what it would be like for it to come on without having known about it beforehand. Anyway, one of the scientists actually threw himself out of a window ( a story that people used to try and scare their youngsters from taking the drug). I think his family is still involved in some kind of lawsuit against the government over that one.

As it turns out, LSD did not turn out to be a good mind-control drug. And it has often been speculated that it is quite the opposite...that it frees the mind from the shackles of conditioning. However, in a war situation, I can imagine it being disorienting and creating absolute terror.

The article mentioned Ecstacy....hmmmm, Christ, I think if I got hit with Ecstacy during a war, I would probably lay down my weapon and try and hug my enemy.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_id=67147283

===== Thomas Morgan Seay 984 Valencia Street San Francisco, CA 94110 tel. (415) 643-7045 email: entheogens at yahoo.com