Trotskyists and post WWII mutinies

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 28 20:41:15 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: David Walters To: leftist_trainspotters at yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 8:18 PM Subject: Re: [leftist trainspotters] Re: Fw:Trotskyists and WWII

Apprently the Barnsites of the SWP are on a trip to resurrect the history of the Trotskyist Maritime fraction. I don't know why they are doing this since the past 20 years of their trade union 'work' is the opposite of what they practiced before during and after WWII.

The Trotskyists have a record of successful challenging the reformist and class-collaborationist work of the Stalinists in West Coast Maritime and the NMU on the east coastwith the NMU's 'no strike pledge' that he Stalinists implemented everywhere they ran unions.

I don't know but would like to know about the CP's role in the post WWII mutinies. I've talked with Halsted about the SWP role (active in the mass mobilizations of Marines in Manila and Shanghai) but I'm totally ignorant of the CPs role.

David