Historical Query , was Re: zionism (again)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:31:25 PDT 2001

> > What would
> > we have said of someone who defended the Nazis by saying that they're
>not
> > as bad as Genghis Kahn? --CGE
>
>I've never read any serious historian on Genghis -- but I've always
>suspected that perhaps he had a bad rap. Has anyone on the list actually
>studied his period?

He deserved his bad rap, as did Attila and Tamerlane. The Golden Horde left a terrifying swath of devastation from Mongolia through to Poland and Hungary. If you surrendered, they'd just kill the men, burn down your village, and enslave the women and children. If you resisted, they'd kill everyone.

--jks