carrol on distorted communicative action (was Re: Ethical foundationsof the left)

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sun Jul 29 17:52:07 PDT 2001

> I was out of town when this subject line appeared; I haven't done > much
back-reading in the archives because I don't for the life of
> me see why the left needs an ethical foundation -- that topic seems >
utterly pointless. (Perhaps ethics need a political foundation, but it > is bizarre to fuss about an ethical foundation of the left.) As I said > in the post I wrote a minute or two ago, I'm just visiting on this
> thread. Epistemology is sometimes entertaining, but crime fiction is >
better.
> Carrol

Ah. Another pragmatist.

-- Luke