Ethical foundations of the left

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Sun Jul 29 18:17:11 PDT 2001

I forget where, possibly in a piece called "Interpretive Social Science vs Hermeneuticism", Habermas discusses the double hermeneutic, and I think in the same piece, unless I am blending two together, he relates it to Pierce's abduction or retroduction. Axel Honneth was the 'outsider' on my diss defense. But it was one of those things where I didn't have much opportunity for an interchange with him, a little about technological determinism and instrumental rationality. sorry for the non sequiter.