Anti-Zionism Is Racism

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sun Jul 29 19:38:00 PDT 2001

We all know that feelings of guilt and wanting to do something for the surviving Jews had a lot to do with all the victorious allied powers supporting Zionism in the late forties. But did it necessarily make sense to dispossess the indigenous population of a territory with which almost all Jews had a merely sentimental connection if any?

Wouldn't it have been a sounder and more democratic approach to root out and destroy all those social forces and persons that had collaborated with Nazism, and had supported Jew-hatred? Of course, for the US, England and France that would have meant eliminating those they hoped to rely on to oppose the Soviets. Hence, though Israel itself wasn't a cold-war conflict at first, a cold-war logic did preclude the democratic alternative to Zionism.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema