lbo-talk-digest V1 #4667 (readings)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Mon Jul 30 03:48:27 PDT 2001

>>> owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com 07/30/01 11:47AM >>>

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:00:01 -0400 From: Kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> Subject: RE: reading lists but, still, i think i should put together several different kinds of reading lists.

This is just as well, because what I suspected would happen when I saw your request is exactly what you're getting on these lists, i.e. nothing by Marx (as usual) but plenty of tendentious (mostly Leninist) filterings of Marx's original thought. A very tricky exercise to be sure. Personally I don't know of one dependable source (IMO) for the kind of readership you have in mind, and anyone who says they do will suggest a Stalinist one, or a Trotskyist one, or a 'monopoly capital' one, or a leftwing communist one (and BTW when you talk of "left" do you include anarchist as well?), etc. Tahir

---