Ethical foundations of the left

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jul 30 10:19:40 PDT 2001

At 02:25 PM 7/30/01 +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

>I guess I am stupid. I don't understand what Ken or Habermas (according to
>Ken) is saying if not this. Try this again, real slow, for the cognitively
>challenged here. If the ideal conditions of freedom and equality are a
>necessary condition or presupposition of communication, why or how is it
>that we can communicate if we don't have them?

did ya hear? my sister wants me to take her two kids on for awhile. she's just met a 75 yo millionaire and they're talking marriage. but, he doesn't want her kids around. if i don't take them, she's going to claim incompetence or something and sign them off as temporary wards of the state where they'll probably live with a foster family. she's thinks this is good in the long run. the wedding will be in two weeks. she's planning on getting pregnant right asap so she'll always have access to money, according to the prenup.

my mother thinks that my sister shouldn't call herself a mother.

why?