Ethical foundations of the left

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Tue Jul 31 16:24:44 PDT 2001

> Lacking a normative foundation, everything slides off into
Machiavelli's
======== Second sentence does not follow from the first.

> People, you can't criticize ideology without a normative foundation.
====== Metaphor alert, again!

"Private property is normative"

"No, it's ideological"

"No it isn't"

"Yes it is"

...and on it goes....

the ideology/normative boundary/opposition is at the point of diminishing returns, imo. Isn't that what collective action and majoritarianism in political movements are all about? Politics ain't like science and it's undecideable whether homo idioticus can 'transcend' politics.

> I have to get myself a bumper sticker and a car to go along with
this;
> "End the 'end of ideology thesis' now!"
> ken
======== How about "question capitalism"?