Opera

kelley kelley at interpactinc.com
Fri Jun 1 01:41:35 PDT 2001

At 10:17 AM 6/1/01 +0200, Peter van Heusden wrote:
>On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 11:38:58AM -0400, kelley wrote:
> >
> > yeah, i use it. but Opera also depends on Microsoft's IE in order to do
> > it's work!
> >
>It does? Then why can I run the Linux version of Opera (on my FreeBSD
>machine) with no IE in sight?
>
>Peter
>--

already explained this. i do have a question for the opera fans. i've been using it for awhile and i have to say, "i don't get it". of course, it's obvious why: you fancy yourself "special" and "unique" and different (sic 'em yosh! :) but, since the rest of the world uses the big boys, i have to use four different browsers to check the pages i create.

frankly, i think opera sux. i have a supafast cable connection and some ace processing power, so i'm spoiled, granted. but, really, i just got done checking some pages in all of them and opera makes everything look cheesy as hell. yeah, yeah, it's great for checking your code. and yeah yeah yeah, i know, you don't want no purty pictures and effects anyway. well, even so, i created a nav. and i really dug the font. since it wouldn't be available for all users (not a standard font; i'm learning about typography chuck!) and since i wanted the mouseover effect anyway, i made images. well, opera rendering is s h i t! shit! shitshitshit!!!

:)

well, gotta toddle off for some zzzzzz's.

laterlater,

kelley