fantasy and political organization

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Jun 1 16:04:55 PDT 2001

Are you organizing locally and globally? Would you like to? Have you found it challenging to address issues of race, class, and gender within your local/ global work? How about getting together with other activists and discussing the challenges of "glocalizing" our work?

Join us for a NOA (National Organizers Alliance) lunch and discussion: When: Wednesday June 6, noon to 2 Where: 33 Harrison Ave, 3d floor, Boston (Chinatown T stop on orange line). lunch provided.

All around the country, people are successfully fusing global with local activism. We'll look at the challenges they (and we) are encountering, especially around incorporating and living race, gender and class up-front.

After checking in, we hope to look at ways the global economy affects communities and unions locally and vice versa.

We have more detailed ideas, but we want to hear your *agenda ideas *success stories or failures to learn from *desires for collaboration (which we will find a way to support)

Please let us know if you can come, and if you can invite and bring others!

Toy Lim Mike Prokosch Dara Silverman Liz Steinhauser

PS: Don't forget that NOA's Annual Gathering, June 27-July 1, includes an in-depth, full day on "Glocalization." If you haven't already registered, go to www.noacentral.org or call Dara or Mike at 617-423-2148 (x 26 or x 24).

-- Dara Silverman National Organizer United for a Fair Economy, 37 Temple Pl. 2nd floor, Boston MA 02111 877-564-6833 x26 (office) 617-480-2454 (cell) www.ufenet.org www.billionairesforunlimitedinheritance.com

United for a Fair Economy is a national membership organization dedicated to building a movement for economic justice. Join us! Membership in UFE is $25 or whatever you can afford.