Opera

jeradonah jeradonah at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 3 01:19:24 PDT 2001

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 04:41:35 -0400, kelley <kelley at interpactinc.com> wrote:

>>> yeah, i use it. but Opera also depends on Microsoft's IE in order to do
>>> it's work!
>>>
>> It does? Then why can I run the Linux version of Opera (on my FreeBSD
>> machine) with no IE in sight?
>
> already explained this. i do have a question for the opera fans. i've been
> using it for awhile and i have to say, "i don't get it". of course, it's
> obvious why: you fancy yourself "special" and "unique" and different (sic
> 'em yosh! :) but, since the rest of the world uses the big boys, i have to
> use four different browsers to check the pages i create.
>
> frankly, i think opera sux. i have a supafast cable connection and some
> ace processing power, so i'm spoiled, granted. but, really, i just got
> done checking some pages in all of them and opera makes everything look
> cheesy as hell.

(that's prolly 'cause your code doesn't conform to standards. could be the software you use to create them.)

> yeah, yeah, it's great for checking your code. and yeah
> yeah yeah, i know, you don't want no purty pictures and effects anyway.
> well, even so, i created a nav. and i really dug the font. since it
> wouldn't be available for all users (not a standard font; i'm learning
> about typography chuck!) and since i wanted the mouseover effect anyway, i
> made images. well, opera rendering is s h i t! shit! shitshitshit!!!

i dunno about why other people use it, but i found it more intuitive, faster, and easier to use. not exactly a geek answer. but we fluctuate betweem 450mb and 1.6gb download, and i still notice that opera loads things faster.

outside of aj rez, i personally don't know anybody else that uses it.

ac