Something you're not likely to see from me again soon

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 06:16:58 PDT 2001

You should have learned German anyway: Heidegger is actually beautiful in German. The comparison to Habermas' turgid, social-sciency prose is insulting to a writer is is the most poetic of German philosophers of the last century. I do not consider myself a Heideggerian of any sort, but I do think the old Nazi creep has a lot to offer, although I frankly haven't studied his work for a decade. You can get a lot of the same thing from Lukacs as far as romantic anticapitalism goes; Lucian Goldman has a little book on this. --jks