Something you're not likely to see from me again soon

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 18:02:27 PDT 2001

Heidegger was Husserl's student, successor, and heir apparent: he's one of the founders of phenonomenology. Marvin Farber, the leading American expert on phen., ended up a Marxist. So did my friend Richard Schmitt of Brown (author of the nice little Westview Intro to Marx and Engels), who started out a ph. Merleau-Ponty, the greatest ph., went into Marxism and most emphatically out of it again. --jks