my motives?

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:29:58 PDT 2001

You read Kim Moody's book on Workers in a Lean World? Best thing I've raed in labor studies for a bit. There are some new books out taht were reviewed, I think, in the Nation that look interesting.

I haven't read Heidegger for a decade, and may not for another. I'm a positivist-influenced neopragamatist scientific realist, trained as an analytical philosopher, and much more likely to turn to Pierce than to Heidegger. Humanities "theory" drives me bats, and as a model for literary style I prefer Russell, Ryle, or Carl Hempel. However, thinking seriously about anything is likely to be baffling, so there you are.

--jks