long personal screed

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Mon Jun 4 11:33:27 PDT 2001

Mitchell J. Porter said:

>So to summarize, I see transhumanism as a likely new component
>of future politics and culture, and antinatalism as a perennially
>possible component, with popular opinion always stacked heavily
>against it.

If it does appear, it will likely be a part of elite thinking, as only they would have the money to afford to radically change their biological structure; a mild form of antinatalism already exists in "wealthy circles": it's called "Kids Are Too Damned Expensive to Raise; The Fewer the Better."

BTW, do you read much Bruce Sterling? Your screed sounded like it was lifted from his "Schimatrix" series.

Todd