patriarchy redux?

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Mon Jun 4 22:53:28 PDT 2001

Schnitzler was indeed an MD, but was a psychiatrist. Freud is supposed to have said he never wanted to meet Schnitzler because he feared he would be too much like himself. I don't think I've read the original of the movie, but I have certainly read DER REIGEN, filmed years ago in French also, and, yes, the mixing of classes is what interested him, except that it a sexual mixing in each case. The whole play is about this one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks that one fucks this one. I.E. the first one. As in all Schnitzler's works, the dialog is very sensitive, and extremely amusing.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema