Al Sharpton

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 5 08:49:27 PDT 2001

This was forwarded to me from another list. Anyone know anything about this?

Sharpton was on Geraldo Rivera's CNBC show last night, announcing his likely presidential candidacy in 2004. The guy sure can talk a good game...

Doug

----

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:50:11 -0400 From: Louis R Godena <louisgodena at IDS.NET> Subject: Re: Endorsing the Loathesome Al Sharpton (fwd from moderator)

From Gangbox, the construction news service, and its moderator Gregory Butler.

Sister Pam:

Before you endorse the Reverend Al, there are some things you should know...

Reverend Alfred Sharpton was born in Brooklyn, in a neighborhood called East New York, specifically, in the Pitkin Avenue Houses of the New York City Housing Authority.

He was a boy preacher, and a very good one, by all acounts [incidentaly, despite his title, Al hasn't preached the gospel full time since he was a teenager].

As a grown man, Sharpton moved far away from God. He began to associate with Italian-American <mafiosi from the neighborhood.

He was a "faceman", Rev Al would pretend to be the owner of commercial waste carting firms which were actually owned by White gangsters. Al also became involved in music industry rackets with <Cosa Nostra.

This ended when Al became a snitch for the FBI.

After Al got his "CI number" [an identification number that federal law enforcement agencies give to confidential informants, so they don't have to be identified in official documents], he suddenly became the self appointed "leader" of the Black community in New York.

Indeed, over these last 16 years, Reverend Al has been involved in many protests. He's mainly served to discourage Blacks from rebelling against racism, and encouraged our community to...vote for the Democrats, no matter how many times that party spits on the Black community.

It's because of "leaders" like Al that we havn't had Los Angeles or Cincinatti-style rebellions here.

It's also because of Sharpton's pacifism that our police get away with outrages that other cities police departments wouldn't dare do.

Think Amadou Diallo.

Or Abner Louima.

Or 30 or 40 other people who you've never heard of.

And now, Sharpton feels it's time for the big payoff.

He want's to be a "legimate" politician, as a "reward" for his "keeping the lid on" the Black community.

Bottom line, the man is 99 & 44/100th corporate controled, and he is the biggest obsticle to the fight for justice in New York.

So, don't be so quick to embrace this guy, Pam, cause the fact is, he's just another corporate scumbag politician.