Sceintist say: we should only be working 3 hrs a day

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 09:46:22 PDT 2001

A Russian scientist has worked out we should only work for three hours a day.

Dr V Burdakov says there are five demands on everybody and our time should be split between them.

He has calculated how much effort is needed to satisfy an average person's energising, transport, information, work and personal time.

He says if we only worked three hours a day we wouldn't fall ill and we would live longer.

Dr Burdakov told Pravda a "mature man" should spend nine hours sleeping, resting and eating while all trips, including shopping and walking, need 6.5 hours.

He sets aside 1.5 hours for "receiving information" and our "production requirement" - work and other activities - needs only three hours.

Dr Burdakov says our biggest problem is not spending enough time on personal matters like "hygiene, gymnastics, house cleaning and toilet", for which he sets aside four hours.

See this story on the web at http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_316509.html