Heidegger

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 6 06:55:54 PDT 2001

[posted from non-sub'd address]

From: "McNally, David J. (LNG-MBC)" <David.J.McNally at lexisnexis.com> To: "'lbo-talk at lists.panix.com'" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Subject: RE: Heidegger Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:20:19 -0400

If this is true - that most published translations of Heidegger are not good - perhaps it would be an interesting project to create a new version using the open source software collaborative approach - eventually creating an excellent, freely available translation in electronic format (what more could you want?). Involving many people would make the task manageable, and checking the translation would fit well into the beta-testing stage. Sourceforge would probably work perfectly well as a forum for doing this...

David.

[snip]