Empire, nationalism, etc.

Wed Jun 6 13:58:18 PDT 2001

>>> carlremick at hotmail.com 06/06/01 03:50PM >>>
>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Charles Brown wrote:
>
>>CB: What about the struggle continues, victory is certain ? The
>>revolution is not over yet. Amandla.
>
>"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly
>into the past."

The notion of revolution will hold continuing appeal and potential, Doug, so long as society is run by and for "careless people [who] smash up things and then retreat back into their money ... and let other people clean up the mess...."

Carl

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly
>into the past."

((((((((

CB: Is this a quote from the past , or is it from something new ?