American identity

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Jun 7 10:22:16 PDT 2001

At 12:55 PM 06/07/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>To be honest, the Soviets had a similar imperial mentality - they called
>WWII their "national war." Yet another prooof that the US is the SU with
>money.
>
>wojtek

Well, hmmm, given that the Nazi's express purpose was to enslave the Soviets (and most of eastern europe), perhaps they have some point in calling it a "national" war--you know, like a war of national liberation. At any rate, I see very few parallels between the US and the Soviet Union with reagards to the WWII. The US was perfectly happy so long as Germany's guns were pointing east.

Joanna