Fwd: Andrew Sullivan, Overexposed

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 7 11:48:47 PDT 2001

kelley wrote:

>i really don't think forwarding an article about issue makes doug
>into some sort of gossipy asshole contravening his civil
>libertarianism.

I try not to be an asshole (not, of course, that there's anything wrong with ani). But I do like gossip, I'll admit to that. But, more weightily, I do get worked up when moralizers are exposed as hypocrites - though for me the point of the exposure should be that the morals themselves are humanly unsustainable. If the exposure has the perverse effect of promoting moralism - is there any evidence that it does? - then I'll repress my love of gossip.

Doug