Rob Schaap on Foucault

kwalker2 at gte.net kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Jun 8 11:45:36 PDT 2001

>I actually had Foucault's conclusion in History of Sexuality in mind when I
>had a go at Kelley's Sullivanising. 'Sexuality' is ever the lens through
>which we see 'sex' - and to obsess with it is to give pride of place to
>something that can only discipline and punish. I say, let it happen where
>and as it may.

hmmm, interesting concept rob! i just got done doing some connect-the-dots with one of the junior members of testosterone central.

dot: i "obsess" about sexuality.

connect to

dot: you "obsess" about those nasty pomos/poststructuralists/anti-materialists.

connect to

dot: foucault "obsessed" about sexuality more so than i or ken that adolescent spring fevered freak you held up for abuse the other day i reckon.

we have two connected straight lines. we need another dot in order to make a polygon so we can color it in.

connect to:

dot: you stop "obsessing" about those nasty pomos.

connect to:

dot: i cease "obsessing" about sexuality and sex theories.

voila! a nice square: pomos and sex will just "happen where and as (they) may".

bland square, tho, i fear. hmmm. let me at them crayola crayons! color: somehow i doubt that foucault was actually advocating that he, too, should stop writing about sex and sexuality!

err, well maybe he was just a hypocrite.

:)

kelley