who needs health insurance?

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Fri Jun 8 13:07:51 PDT 2001

Self-employed population is older than wage/salary earners. From the CPS, the median age for self-employed adults (restricted to those 18-65) is around 46 (variance is lowest in this job class as well). Median for private employment is around 37, public employment around 44, and for interns around 36. Variance is highest for those not in labor force and their median is 41.

Jim

At 02:39 PM 6/8/01, you wrote:

>Doug, I thought that many of the self employed are very young, and thus
>probably healthy. For many of them health insurance is not big deal.
>Young people often do not expect to get hurt or sick.

Straight is the ultimate post-gay construct.

--David Valdes Greenwood, "The Gay Agenda"