Death to the Social Fascists!

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Fri Jun 8 15:55:46 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>
> What betrayal would make me "leave the Democratic Party"? None, since the
> party doesn't exist. Believe it or not, I voted both Green and Republican
> at points for strategic reasons, but as long as the vast bulk of working
> class forces operate in Democratic primaries, that is where progressives
> should be.

Most working class people do not operate in the Democratic party system. Most of us boycott the election. By your reasoning you should be boycotting the election, too.

How much money, power and/or influence would you lose if you were to break with the DP?

Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchistfaq.org

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey