Shameful to disagree with McReynolds - Re: "the prick McReynolds"-like crabs in a bucket . . .

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jun 10 16:35:07 PDT 2001

John Halle wrote:

> And we know that had McR somehow become a serious contender in 2000
> charges like these would have been spread like a virus.

I voted for Nader, and encouraged others to vote for him -- even though he is pretty obnoxious. What is the point of this post? Clearly the issue here is the organization growth of a Palestinian solidarity movement in the United Statesd, and the question is not some nebulous presidential campaign but whether McReynolds's argument contributes to or is a barrier to that effort. I rather doubt that you have read his posts -- or the criticisms of them.

> [clip]
>
> All this is a depressing reminder of those who gleefully (pace NN)
> imposed a similar purity test on Nader.

This is shameful. Do you or do you not believe that isolated Palestinian "suicide bombers" are on the same level as the Stern Gang? Are you deliberately trying to obscure that question?

Purity test indeed. I was attacking the content of a single post. You seem to have quite a purity test of your own, though I'm not sure how one would pass it except by bowing down before everyone who labels him/herself a leftist or a "peace" advocate, no matter how offensive their arguments were.

> You have a lot to be ashamed about.

Hah!

Carrol