Rob Schaap on Foucault

kwalker2 at gte.net kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jun 11 19:44:40 PDT 2001

At 07:03 PM 6/11/01 -0700, Ian Murray wrote:

>I call upon all anti-relativists to produce the absolute.....
>
>Is it Math? Art? Sound? Space-Time, Randomness? God? Nothing?
>

>Still waiting,
>
>Protagoras and Pontius Pilate Epistemics LLC -- A Self-Referential
>Holding Company

objectivism is parasitic on relativism. so, relativism (it's relative) is always with "us".

i recommend Richard Bernstein, _Beyond Objectivism and Relativism_ (for forays in the debates in phil of science) and _The New Constellation__ for some really terrific, sympathetic yet critical looks at derrida, foucault, heidegger, etc.

pragmatist. colleague of rorty's (grad school with him) but has sharp disagreements.

kelley