There is a God

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 12 03:17:30 PDT 2001

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>> ...As women's suits are shrinking, men's are growing larger. The
>> men's Speedo, the abbreviated staple of St. Tropez -- ground zero in
>> the bikini world -- stubbornly refuses to dominate stateside.
>> Speedo's summer catalog features something called "water shorts" --
>> baggy swimsuits that hit the knee.... *****
>>
>> Does "the abbreviated staple of St. Tropez" come across to American
>> men as "too queer"?
>
>More likely avoided due to US obesity.
>
>Matt

***** 01/08/01- Updated 01:36 AM ET

Fat or fit?

By Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

Pity poor Houston and Detroit. They're the fattest cities in the USA, according to an analysis in the February issue of Men's Fitness magazine, on stands Tuesday.

Other flabby towns: Philadelphia, New Orleans and Columbus, Ohio.

On the other hand, the fittest cities in the country are San Diego, Honolulu, San Francisco (tied for second), Seattle and Minneapolis....

<http://www.usatoday.com/life/health/diet/lhdie186.htm> *****

I checked Men's Fitness, & apparently Columbus, Ohio (where I live) is the fifth fattest city in the USA (up from the eighth in 1999)! For more info, see <http://www.mensfitness.com/magazines/magViewer/FattestCities_survey.html>.

Yoshie