Fwd: Welcome to the land of the politically correct

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Jun 12 12:38:25 PDT 2001

Carl Remick wrote:

> >If American leftists were so well organized, they would be
> >able to stop the US aid to Israel, Plan Colombia, etc.
> >
> >Yoshie
>
> But to have any such effect, the American left would have to meet a basic
> ontological challenge first. It would have to exist.

"We don't need a Left, we just need action and change. Dispense with the illusion of non-contingent relations, i.e., 'friends' and 'enemies' (cowardly linguistic constructions that erect straw men [sic] with positions fixed in time and space, conveniently allowing us to escape from complete engagement with issues and people) and take whatever measures we deem necessary to get things done."

>From the _Handbook of Devil's Advocacy_, a work in progress - or so I
was given to understand. No endorsement implied. Makes sense on a personal level, but may not translate as well to social/political relations...

--

/ dave /