Decline of KPFK

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Jun 12 15:20:27 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Whatever you think of Marc Cooper (and I like him), dullness and
> quackery aren't among his faults.

I would agree that Cooper is not dull -- but he does put people like Arianna Huffington and Pat Caddell in the spotlight by granting them frequent KPFK airtime -- a voice. He regularly invites mainstream pundits on his show. In my way of thinking KPFK is the only station where non-mainstream views get aired so to constantly give time to those who are NPR type guests or can get on mainstream TV any day of the week is uncalled for. We hear them enough!

Marta