Fwd: Welcome to the land of the politically correct

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Wed Jun 13 13:19:56 PDT 2001

Gordon said:

>Yet this outcome need not have been so, had most of the
>visible Left not been wedded to notions of State power and
>governmental intervention -- _bourgeois_ State power and
>_bourgeois_ governmental intervention -- as the solution
>to almost every problem. And the beat goes on.

Wasn't part of Schulman's observations in the first chapter that the "visible Left" (BTW isn't that the political version of the Visible Man/Woman <grin>) was "anti-government" to begin with ("tune in, turn on, drop out")? Seems to me this form of the "Left" was more often in the spotlight than those who weren't garnering media attention with their whole "reject society and create a new (tailored micro-society) one" agenda.

Todd