Happy Planet article by Browne

Brenda Rosser shelter at tassie.net.au
Wed Jun 13 00:21:52 PDT 2001

I have, in the past, emailed Browne because of his support of Patrick Moore who he quotes (below) in his current article. What I got back from him was a threat of legal action. A meaningless threat but a threat nonetheless. quote: At 3:30 AM -0700 6/12/01, politics-of-meaning at igc.topica.com wrote:
> Patrick Moore, one
>> of the co-founders of Greenpeace who fell out with the organisation
>> over its radical tactics, said that having been victorious in its
> > early battles the environmental movementhad invented new ones.
For those who may not know, Patty Moore (he hates to be called Patty) was once with Greenpeace but then he learned where the money was.He is now paid by (among other timber interests) the Forest Alliance of British Columbia which is a group of timber giants such as Weyerhauser.Patty gives talks wherever he can and claims to be an environmentalist.He claims that cutting down trees is a good thing because then more trees will be planted. That's typical of the kind of "logic" he uses. A web search under the name Patrick Moore will bring you to his web site and to a site named Patrick Moore Is A Great Big Liar. If you go to his site be sure to drop him an email and be sure to call him Patty. I would suggest emailing the Observer complaining about Browne and his blatant and dangerous bias.

This email was sent to: shelter at tassie.net.au