Tito´s Yugoslavia

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Thu Jun 14 17:29:15 PDT 2001

-I was talking about Yugoslavia (before 1989) with a brazilian comrade. We -had a disagreement. While he said there were no state owned enterprises -in Yugoslavia, I believed that Tito´s Yugoslavia was a mixed economy with -SOE´s, collective enterprises enterprises owned by local governments and -small private business (mainly agriculture). In non private enterprises -there was worker´s management, however, it seems the state had representatives -in those enterprises too. Could anyone explain me better the property -relations in former Yugoslavia?

Alexandre