Gore in '04?

Kelley Walker kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jun 18 12:09:09 PDT 2001

At 12:58 PM 6/18/01 -0500, jeradonah wrote:

> > MORE http://www.evote.com
>
>these kinds of polls are notoriously unreliable. you can read into them
>whatever you want. most people aren't even thinking about 2004, and
>while
>the poll respondent can weigh gore against a mythical or favored
>democratic
>candidate, primary voters can't...
>
>ac

actually, if i'm not mistaken, these kinds of polls aren't any less reliable than most opinion polls. apparently, even though people thought there would be all kinds of problems with online polling, they don't turn out to be any more unreliable than typical polls. i think doug posted on this a couple of years ago--some insight from the subscription only list for pollsters that he's on.

i haven't heard from michael hoover lately, but he used to provide solid critiques of the downsides of polling data that would put yours to shame ac.

speaking of which, someone needs to phone me so i can collect some data of my own!!!! pffffffffffffftttt! kelley