The next G for the G-8?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Jun 19 17:06:15 PDT 2001

Italian newspapers speculated yesterday that the government could move the venue from Genoa to another city. Italy has already switched the venue for the G8 foreign ministers' meeting on July 18-19 to Rome from Portofino. Sandro Biasotti, president of the Liguria region, of which Genoa is capital, told Corriere Della Sera: "After seeing the scenes in Gothenburg, I think that if they decide to take the G8 away from Genoa. . . I might even breathe a sigh of relief." ------------

I am certain Sr Baiscotti would. How about a military base on Malta?

Chuck Grimes