World Social Forum 2002

jean-christophe helary helary at niji.or.jp
Tue Jun 19 18:06:31 PDT 2001

<Joanna Sheldon>-----
> I've just been solicited to volunteer some translating for the World Social
> Forum / Frum Social Mundial 2002, planned to take place on the same date
> as the Davos WEF in Jan/Feb. Does any of you know folks who are working
> with this group? Here's some info from their web site.
>
> cheers
> Joanna S

<snip>

> ABONG Brazilian Association of Non-Governmental Organizations
> ATTAC Association for the Taxation of Financial Transactions for the Aid
> of Citizens
> CBJP Brazilian Justice and Peace Commission, National Council of Bishops
> (CNBB)
> CIVES Brazilian Business Association for Citizenship
> CUT Central Trade Union Confederation
> IBASE Brazilian Institute for Social and Economic Studies
> CJG Centre for Global Justice
> MST Movement of Landless Rural Workers

-----</Joanna Sheldon>

ATTAC is a group created in 97, based in france but with branches in a growing nb of countries (attac japan is being created) more info at www.attac.org

it started as a reaction to an article published in Le Monde Diplomatique. if you can read french i can send you a paper published a few weeks ago in a french weekly describing attac's influence on french politics, otherwise the web page is in english and they have an english newsletter.

jc helary