corporate hype and medicine

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Jun 21 13:28:14 PDT 2001

At 02:53 PM 06/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>So the control of diseases like polio, plague, tb, malaria, vd etc. does
>not count form much vis a vis control of the life-style related ailments.
>How middle-class American, indeed!

The kind of basic research that resulted in the discovery antibiotics and vaccines has declined considerably. In the US, we live with corporate/profite driven medical "research" and doctors that have five minutes of their time to give you--not because they're evil but because of the insurance racket. That's about as much time as it took me to write this paragraph.

If you get sick...I wish you the best of luck.

Joanna B.